Pages

Mar 23, 2009

Spring has Sprung

The weekend was a little cloudy and rainy but overall it was still awesome. We had family up for the weekend so the kids were in heaven playing with the cousins. Seriously I dont think we saw them for more than 20 min all day long. The bath at the end of the night was covered in a thick black sludge from the mud. Dean got a lot done too. Including 2 raised beds for the garden this year! WOOP! Seriously I couldnt be more excited to get the rest of them made. Dean also got all the weeds mowed down in the field and a bunch of other odds and ends. Next weekend its more raised beds, fencing and such. Hopefully the nice weather will return to make it a bit more enjoyable.

Spring break has come and gone now and I have to say I am sad to see it go. It was so nice not having to do homework or worry about due dates. Blah. As much as I like learning I have come to realize I like to do it on my own terms. Some of this stuff for school is just so pointless and yet I have to do it for a grade. Oh well it could be worse I suppose.
The kids are doing great. We are nearly done with the school year. We are done with Math and history (have I already mentioned this? It sure seems like it!) A few more language lessons and a few more weeks of science. This week we start on habitats and the animals in them. It should be fun. We are going to try our hand at lapbooking so hopefully that goes well and the kids enjoy it.
I am working on getting our schedual for next year worked out. We will only take a couple of weeks off before going back to school. For our kiddos the less the break the better. It works well this way as it allows us more time off during the year to prevent burn out. Boy do I wish I could have gone to school like this! :)




No comments: