Pages

May 24, 2009

One of those days...

Well weekends actually. You might know the ones I am talking about. The ones when everything in your little world is at peace and everything is aligned just right. Where even a cranky attitude doesn't last long because everything just feels right.

Its been one of those incredible weekends for me. I have been woken by the sounds of the kiddos stirring in bed, the birds singing, and the frogs chirping. Cool breeze has blown through my house and made everything smell fresh and clean. The sun has warmed the hardwood floors and it feels so completely comfortable to just stand and let my feet enjoy the warmth. Food has been great and the yard looks fantastic. The garden is growing with little carrot, potato, and lettuce leaves everywhere. The strawberries have sweet white flowers that make me look forward to next month. The trees have finally leafed out and when the breeze comes by they rustle and flutter and it sounds so soothing.

This is one of my favorite times of year. I get nostolgic and yet look forward to what is to come. For what ever reason I always feel balanced in late spring and it feels really good.

Its time to bake some bread this morning and turn on a little jazz in the background. Its time to sit back enjoy the wonderful sounds of the day and just relax.

Seriously, life is good.

Hope you are finding relaxation during this holiday weekend.

No comments: