Pages

Aug 18, 2010

Introducing Sacred Grove Press!

The story:

When we started thinking about homeschooling I consulted my best friend Google for all manner of information.  I was able to find the method that fit with our educational goals (Classical Education), I was able to find the curriculum that we would use, and I found a great forum of other parents that were educating within the Classical Model (WTM forum, link on the right).  I cam across many, many, MANY sites for Christians of all kinds to find support, curriculum suggestions, etc.  The one thing I did not find however was a interesting, often updated LDS homeschooling site.  They are few and far between.  There are a small handful of email lists and websites, most not being updated since 2005 or so.  This presents a problem when a parent wants to connect with others of like mind to find out whats working and whats not.

So nearly a year ago I had this idea to create our own website for LDS homeschooling parents.  I wanted the site to be pretty, encouraging, inspiring and helpful.  I wanted to offer advice, suggestions, and a forum to LDS families no matter where they are on the homeschooling journey.  We purchased the website domain a couple of months ago and we have been working on ideas here and there.  A couple of weeks ago we launched into full development mode.

I will admit my brain is totally fried, I dream of HTML and widgets, but it has been fun to see what we could come up with.  The website isn't totally finished yet.  Dean has been writing a curriculum for families, I have been designing a fancy planner and we have a couple other ideas in their infancy stage.  The forum isn't up yet but in time that will come.  Things aren't quiet finished but we are on schedule and that is a good thing.

I know most of you who read this do not homeschool and even fewer are LDS but you should still head on over and just see what we have done.  The site isn't professional but I think its a great start to something that is going to be a really great resource.  If you notice anything not working right please leave me a comment so I can fix it. :)

And now the link.........check it out!

No comments: