Pages

Nov 17, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude is always on my mind this time of year. I always have an internal list going of what I am thankful for.  I used to have a list posted on here as a way to remind myself exactly how blessed I am.  I took it off months ago because it was starting to frustrate me! (Hows that for thankful huh?!) At the time I was having a very hard time coming up with anything new I was thankful for and honestly I had a really crappy attitude that really wasn't thankful for much.  Ever get the have-nots?  Yeah it hit me hard.  Anyway I took the list off after I saved it and haven't thought too much about it since.  I still have the list running inside me and until tonight that is where it was going to stay.  However tonight I sat with a bunch of women and heard a talk about gratitude.  The talk was simple and nothing profound was shared but I felt like crying!  Right now life is beyond stressfull for us, it has been for months, and I am desperately missing "home".  Yet I do have so much to be thankful for.  My life such as it is, is filled with amazing people and experiences.  I need to be thankful for those each and everyday, especially when I don't think I should be.

So I have started the Gratitude list for myself.  I plan on changing it every week so it is always fresh to me.  I don't want my thanks to become stale, after all there are new things everyday to be thankful for.


{Sweet baby, nearly a year old! Where has the time gone?}

No comments: