Pages

Nov 15, 2010

Weekend crafting

This weekend I spent some time with the sewing machine.  I have been trying to sew at least a couple of times a week for the sake of my sanity!  Last week I went to an estate sale and picked up a few odds and ends.  Among them were some awesome vintage cloth napkins and tablecloth sets and some old apple bushel baskets.  I had no idea what my plans were for the baskets but at $1 a piece I couldn't pass them up.  Also last week my grandma sent two boxes of fabric my way (Thanks again Grandma!).  Enter the sewing projects.

We decided to use cloth diapers again so I needed a place to store the diapers and covers.  I grabbed some fabric from grandmas boxes and made some inserts for the baskets. Viola! Instant storage (for the sock basket too!).  Super easy and quick project and I love the way it turned out.  I have a few smaller baskets around that house that I plan on making inserts for also.  These will hold wipes, diaper cream, and other odds and ends.  I attached the basket(s) to the wall above the dresser.  That way I can just grab and go and the kiddos cant get into the baskets and play.

 {Green polka dot cotton fabric for the sock basket.}

 {Diaper basket: Solid pink cotton with yellow pinwheel flower trim.  If I had thought about it I should have added some rick rack trim at the seam here for added cuteness!}

 {PUL diaper covers in a variety of fabrics with fold over elastic binding and matching snaps.  LOVE these on Laina's chunky little bum.  Seriously one of the cutest things you ever did see!}

{And just for a smile, Caitlin's cowgirl outfit.  This is one of her favorite combinations to put on.  Dean was lucky enough to catch it on film.  The top is a purple and white gingham type check print and the skirt is rose colored with old fashioned cowgirls riding bucking broncs.  She thinks this outfit makes her a cowgirl too. }

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: