Pages

Jul 1, 2008

Art Poetry

I wanted to make poetry a little less boring for Caitlin this year. Last year while she like it we spent a lot of time talking about the imagery in each poem. This year I decided to pick poems that have strong imagegery or feelings associated with each, then we will choose an art medium to explore those themes. I plan on doing a little of everything, paiting, sculpture, mosaic, ect. I think this will help her remember the poems while giving her a chance to "feel" the poem. I think it will work really well. At the end of the term I plan on putting together a book or pictures with each poem, that way they have a more personal meaning. I am looking forward to it.
At the right is the list of poems we are going to use for the first term.

The first poet we will explore is James Russell Lowell.

No comments: