Pages

Aug 8, 2008

So far so good

Well for the most part. Our reading/phonics program isnt working as well as I thought it would. Luckily I have another book that we are trying out. It seems to working a bit better. I have decided to switch Caitlins handwriting from print to cursive. She doesnt like to print and is still have problems with letter inversion. I am looking at 2 different cursive programs and here in the next few weeks I will buy it.
Other than that everything is working out really well. Caitlin is getting back in the groove of math thinking, she loves Story of the World, and is excited about science. What more could I want? :)
Today we covered nomads on the fertile crescent. Caitlin loved it! We made small bags out of animal print fabric for their nomad gathering bags. The kids love them. Caitlin thought it was pretty cool that the nomads didnt use pivots to irrigate but canals with Shaduf. The kids have been working on making their own shaduf in the front yard. :) We'll see how it goes.

No comments: