Pages

Jul 29, 2010

Life


Last weekend Dean took the kids to an air show.  They thought it was awesome of course. They were able to watch different planes doing all sorts of stunts for nearly 4 hours.  The best part about it though, the cousins were there!  The kids adore their older cousins and they all get along so great.  They all had a lot of fun and talked about it for days.

This next week for us will be big.  We have a lot of big changes coming soon that we are trying to prepare for.  Everyone is a little on edge right now, me probably being the worst.  I have had to purposefully find the good in each day which is a total switch from my almost always optimistic self!  I have made it a point to listen to uplifting music because anything remotely melancholy or angry just fans the flames!  These are the times when I most need to remember the following prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change;
Courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

This is something that plays in  my mind often but in times like these I need to really remember it.  I have the tendency to try and control everything I can when I feel things are going wrong.  There comes a point when I know I have to say no more.  Today is one of those days.  I can not control everything (much to my dismay at times!) and I have to accept what is.

So with that thought I hope you all have a great weekend.  Ours will be filled with cleaning, gardening, cleaning, and more gardening.  Its a vicious yet lovely cycle!

No comments: