Pages

May 13, 2011

The garden has begun

With temperatures reaching the near 70's (Gasp!) and the glorious absence of rain and/or snow  we were finally able to get outside and dig in the dirt a bit.  We managed to plant greens, lettuces, peas, potatoes, broccoli raab (a new one for us!), carrots, and parsnips.  18 varities of veggies in the ground.  I feel so productive and hopeful. 





The girls made a few quick homemade signs to mark our rows.  These lasted only until we turned the water on. At least we know where everything is. :)

On a side not a year or so ago my sister let me know about a gardening community online.  I joined but haven't used the services yet.  Yesterday after the big plant I decided to log in and actually use it.  If you are interested in meeting up with other gardeners in your zone from around the world check it out.  Folia
They have a lot of great things like seeds swaps, journals, planting tracker, etc.  Its pretty cool.



I hope your weekend finds you enjoying the sun, family, friends, and if you are lucky a tasty BBQ to boot!

No comments: