Pages

Oct 4, 2011

Dirty little secrets

Do you have one of those little secrets that if you shared with anyone you would be mortally embarrassed?  Yeah, you to huh?  Well I am not talking about one of those today but it is something dirty and embarrassing.  Since I am posting it on my blog it is no longer a secret.

We have wood floors throughout most of our home.  If you have lived with wood floors you might be able to sympathize a bit here.  I sweep everyday, multiple times a day, just to try to maintain a somewhat less gritty walking surface.  It works sometimes, like when we are sleeping.  Most of the time there is at least something on the floor.  It drives me insane.

Yesterday I sent Dean to the store and I decided to tackle under the couches.  Oh.my.word.  I sweep, I swear I do, but what I found under that couch was mind-boggling.  I stood there with my mouth open for so long one of the kids said "Mom are you alright?  Is it a spider?"  Um no, its dirt and crayons, books, socks, dust bunnies the size of my head, and a million other odds and ends.

Couch gunk

{Grabbing those wonderful "must-haves" like the toy that would not die!  Why do toy makers make noisy toys and why to grandparents give them as gifts!?}
 

After I gained speech capabilities back (and before I started to cry) I shouted out "Treasure hunt!!"  the kids jumped up and started diving for all those little precious items that they must save.  The mess was cleaned up in about 2 seconds and the kids were thrilled to have found missing odds and ends.

I was happy to see the kids excited and helping clean at the same time.  Secretly in my mind though?  I was inventing a dust sucking machine that I can hide under my sofa that spits back anything other than dust.  I think I could make millions!

No comments: