Pages

Apr 12, 2012

Cilantro Lime Chicken with Peach Mango Salsa

Admit, that title not only caught your eye but made your mouth water a wee bit didn't it?  Can I just say "Oh my word" so simple yet so delicious!  Today I had a chiropractor appointment scheduled late in the after noon (why did I do that???) so I knew I would be rushed to get started in dinner once I got home.  I laid on the magnificent roller bed and thought of food.  Lots of good food, over and over again.  I knew it had to be chicken but nothing was coming to me.  After the appointment I headed to Fred Meyer to stock up on lip balm for the last time when I passed the cooler with a beautiful yummy looking tub of Peach Mango Salsa.  BAM! Dinner was found.

This takes about 30 minutes or so depending on your rice.  Someone (ahem) plopped a floating duck in my bowl of soaking brown rice so for tonight we had white (ya ya I know....).  So good though you must try.  You must try it tomorrow.  You might die if you don't.

PS  Does anyone have a great Peach Mango Salsa they want to share?  I am going to preserve some of this deliciousness come summer time!

 Cilantro Lime Chicken


Cilantro Lime Chicken with Peach Mango Salsa  (Serves approx 6)

Olive oil

3 cubed chicken breasts

2 tsp minced dry onion

1/4-1/2 garlic powder (fresh would rock too!  I was out)

1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced

1 can pinto beans

1 tsp chili powder (more or less to your taste.)

1 tsp cumin (more or less to your taste)

Salt and pepper

1/2 fresh lime

4 cups cooked rice (whatever variety you prefer)

Peach Mango Salsa (I used Chachies brand but any that you prefer would work)

 

In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and add chicken breasts.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Add onions and garlic powder.  Stir, cover and cook for a couple minutes.  When chicken is nearly cooked through add pinto beans, chili powder, cumin and minced cilantro.  Cover for a couple minutes.  Remove from heat.

Serve chicken over rice with lettuce, tomato, green onion and cheese. Top with Peach Mango Salsa.  Sit back and enjoy a simple and summer inspired meal.

 

 

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yum!! We would love this. Seriously...