Pages

Apr 15, 2012

Rejoice!

Rejoice


Today in church we read a verse that I have read many times before but never really took note of.  Today though, it really caught my eye.  In fact I have pondered it over and over until I finally decided it needed to be shared here.
"And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ.  And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world." Enos 1:26 (Book of Mormon)

Today it was the bold part that caught my attention.  Rejoiced in it....what do we rejoice in day after day.  What is it we would declare and rejoice in?  My thoughts at first were very much centered on my spiritual beliefs but then soon I wandered down another train of thought.  If we claim that something matters to us, shouldn't we be rejoicing every single day?  I know I am not the only one that finds myself pulled into the pit of "if only....what if.... why not me...." and on and on.  What if instead of seeing everything around us as a chore, a duty, a burden, a bore, what if we rejoiced in it?

Rejoice


Rejoice


This week my goal is to rejoice in all that comes my way, especially those that surround me.  I want to rejoice in life just like a child, with my eyes wide open (and mouth judging from the pictures) and a heart full of joy.  What better way to spend the time?

Rejoice


What are you rejoicing in?

No comments: