Pages

Sep 6, 2011

Dinner from the Garden

Even though the season is just about finished and everything has slowed.way.down. in production, I was still able to harvest enough for a very tasty dinner last night.

105

107

I harvested green and yellow beans, celery, onions, broccoli, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers and dried dill.  When I logged into Facebook yesterday I saw this recipe posted from GNOWFGLINS.  Since a BBQ was on our agenda I knew I had to make it.

I followed the recipe as follows but I used plain yogurt instead of kefir cheese.  I used the Herbal Salt recipe also posted at GNOWFGLINS and added shredded carrots, the garden broccoli, onions and celery.  It was fantastic!  You must try it.

109

We rounded out the meal with steamed beans and butter, deviled eggs, grilled hamburgers, corn on the cob, and tomato and cucumbers.  It was the perfect finale to our summer.
PS.  This post was supposed to have some yummy potato salad pics but Flickr hates me tonight so this is what you get.  Try it though, it's great!

No comments: