Pages

Feb 9, 2012

Loving today

I'm still here.  The move has been as smooth as can be with the minor exception that the camera broke!  It will no longer focus at all.  This week I will be headed to the camera doctor.  I sure hope they aren't as spendy as the human variety, sheesh.

So tonight a lil' mini post because that is all my frazzled, tired brain can handle.

A little list of love tonight, from me to you....

** The little bits of wisdom that can be picked up from Facebook, money frogs, blenders, recipes and hilarity.  It just makes my day.

**Family, I know I go on about this in a million ways but it never ceases to be my greatest gift every single day.  I am thankful to be part of an interesting family.  The stories I could tell.....like about my uncle who blackmailed the army (seriously!), grandmas who drove with phonebook to prop them up, an aunt who pinned people down to spit on them (only if you moved too much)....the list goes on and on.  It is a colorful and varied group I belong to and I am oh so thankful for it!

**Vegetables.  I love these little bundles of nutrient packed goodness.  They clear my head, nourish my body, and make me smile.

**Breaking out of comfort zones.  I am a bizarre mix of extremes (a Gemini if your into that).  I am an introverted homebody who happens to love people.  How's that for an oxymoron?  I like people when the friendship is established but I Hate getting to know people.  I am awkward with small talk and unfortunately have a face that hides nothing.  If I am board, well you know it.  This weekend I am traveling out-of-state with two women I have never met to go sit with hundreds of other women I have never met and geek on education and educational philosophy (did I mention I really know how to party? No? Hmm my mistake).  For the very first time in my life I am excited for the chance to throw myself into a situation that normally has me panicking.  Wish me luck.

**Green carpet and brown couches.  Their in my money zone and I didn't even do it on purpose!

**The sharing of knowledge.  Oh the things I have learned this week about essential oils, body meridians, oregano, meditations, mucus and wait for it.....poop.  Oh yes the things I now know.

 

I know what you are thinking "This is such a helpful and deep post, I will never be the same".  All I can say is that I tried. :)  Some days call for a little less thought and a lot more thankfulness.

I hope that you all have a great weekend.  I hope you can have a bit of sunshine on your face and a bit of pep in your step.  Good things are everywhere if only we look to see them.

Nighty night.

No comments: